Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

9.28.2014

A Weekend with the Tolins




The house is eerily quiet for the first time since last Sunday. Another week of non- stop activities, appointments, meetings, commitments and fun. Boy, am I  exhausted! I found time to complain about it this week and Cody told me, "Anna, God's preparing you for motherhood" at first I laughed at that, but now that I think about it, that sentence has been in my head all week- and with a sliver of hope in me....I think he's probably right. 

I got a glimpse of what it felt like when our God son came to visit!


 Between loading the dishwasher and washing machine multiple times, picking up baby toys and dog toys, cooking, playing and balancing a baby on my hip after a long week of giving my all...to teaching- I asked Cody, "Are you sure I'm cut out to be a mom- I just don't know if I'll ever have the energy." He responded with exactly what ended up happening this weekend, "Anna, God gives mommies extra energy -- it comes from a special place... Because we all know, mommies never rest." 

Well, sure enough - even though I was tired driving home from work Friday, as soon as I saw this little booger I got a burst of God-momma energy (thanks to God and.....spark) 


On Friday, Cody made fish tacos with black beans and fresh salsa... Ashley and I headed over to HEB to grab Dominic some fat baby smootie ingredients! Joe was the smoothie maker all weekend and even braved adding some broccoli (but totally paid for it in diaper duty)

After dinner we feasted on U-Swirl yogurt and the carmel pop-corn flavor was totally yum!!

We tried to stay up late but, we only made it to about 11:30....then lights out! 

Saturday, we cooked breakfast - pork,eggs, and sweet potato hash for our breakfast tacos, and played around the house in our jammies with Dominic! He's totally into balls and anything that resembles them! It's really cute when you ask him things, like "Where's Jesus" and he looks at the Sacred Heart painting we have! He's too smart for his own good (in fact is very picky with his food)!

A few hours later we went to a local Italian restaurant and dined on carbs, carbs and more carbs... Dominic's favorite (and baby Emmelia's too!)



We drove over to Veritas Catholic bookstore and played for about an hour while Dominic slept! Then we got a craving for something sweet so we went to The Cheesecake Factory! It was Ashley's first time (that she remembers) and she loved it! Dominic played on our side of the booth and we had fun!







This kiddo is totally into selfies! 

After this, we headed into the Galleria and shopped at the Disney store and played around! Then headed back home! I carried Dominic in the boba and it was fun! What a workout! 


Dominic's new Mickey:


It was an active night -- around 2 am our smoke detector randomly went off... Long story short it was just a random incident but Dominic didn't care- he was NOT happy! About an hour later he finally went back to bed! 

We went to mass Sunday at Annunciation Catholic Church, and after took some pics: 


Constantly saying "Dominic look here" he is definitely a wiggle worm!


Finally he looks:
This has to be the cutest face ever:



We came home to leftover pasta from Italiano's and a big green salad! I tried to make some healthy cookies but... Per Cody, "They'd be really good if you were like from Guatemala and hadn't eaten in a few weeks." I disagree! It was a clean cheat:


So, whatever- ya win some ya lose some!

Dominic and I played in the sink while his momma rested and his daddy and Cody talked boring junk... He loved splashing in the bubbles!



And of course we played with the ball over and over and over again

He's quick--- thus the blurry pictures 



We watched a movie and drank our "drinks" mine was spark, Dominic's was water ... But he thought it was the same! 

Hey making a spark, taking cookies out of the oven, and dancing to "Everything is Awesome" the song from the Lego movie, all while a baby is on your hip is challenging... But I have to say, I'm totally looking forward to that one day!

What a fantastic visit! Thank you Tolins for driving over to see us and let us play with baby D all weekend! It was a treasure I'll remember forever! 

It's only been 15 minutes since they left and Cody is snoozing! 



think I may frame this one... I edited it to black and white and I just love it. Dominic is so special to us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment