Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

10.01.2014

6 weeks in to iifym



I've been doing iifym a little over a month. 
It seems that with my PCOS, taking fertility medication, and stress, can still lose, IF I log AND eat the right foods 90% of the week. 

After six weeks in I weighed in at:


Of course that isn't my lowest ever in the last 1.5 years, I recall being 178.5 in December BUT it's a great deal better than the begining of school!! In 6 weeks I would have liked to lose 10 lbs, and I did not make my goal; I only lost 7 lbs. 

And I'm okay with that! I feel better, I'm on the right track, and I've got to remember my goals! I'm getting there! Hubby lost 10 lbs and that's great, so even with PCOS and not being able to work out very many days (due to my back) and I still lost! At the begining of the school year I was 189.0 and now I'm 182.

Sure, it took me a few weeks to lose an additional 1.5 lbs but it's all adding up! Plus I finished fertility medication in the middle of September and now I'm off, which leads me to think that's why it took a little longer to budge 1.5 lbs...and I cheated more than planned too (shhh)!! Like this divine French toast from The Black Walnut Café in Houston:



I starting thinking about making achievement goals- and I thought, I wow, if stay on track better this month, than last, I could lose 8 lbs instead of 7...which lead me to think...if I can lose another 8 lbs in 5-6 weeks I would weigh......
And that's progress, because you know what comes after that? Another 7-8 lbs! And when I thought of it in small chunks, focusing on meals, daily and weekly...I though- I CAN DO this! I would like to accomplish the 174.4 achievement in 5 weeks as projected in Myfitnesspal. Then I would like to achieve the next 7-8 lbs by the end of 2014. That's reasonable to me- without being too unrealistic (with pcos).

174.4 minus 8 lbs would put me at a "year end"  goal of 166. I like that number. First, I haven't been that number since 2008 and secondly it's 16 lbs away. I can lose 16 lbs in 3 months- I know I can! So, in keeping with my main goals/rewards sheet- now I just have some achievement guidelines in place to keep me better on target! 


Really hoping I get to minus 10 lbs soon, so I can have that white girl "fall drink", Pumpkin Spice Latte with my friend Kelly...isn't she so "hot"...in a totally nerdy way!? LOL (she's going to kill me for this):


In other news, Cody and I are getting creative with our meals! For example we made roast, red potatoes, and carrots in the crockpot on Monday, and tonight we used the ....wait WE didn't do anything... CODY used the leftover roast as our protein for taco soup and added the leftover few slices of potato and carrots! We served it strained, on tortillas with cheese and fresh avocado-YUMM! 400 calories later, I'm super happy! 
 
He also made a rendition of what I just listed above, but used the soup as soup, not strained, and added a mini 1 tortilla cheese quesadilla on the side...delish! What a creative way to reuse roast!


No comments:

Post a Comment