Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

9.22.2014

Rainbows After the Storm: iifym week 4

Today was a rainbow day- you know, the kind of day that is warm, glowy, sunny--- a colorful spot after a week of storms. It rained here a lot this past week. And many days I was riding the storm of life, barely hanging on. 


But today was different! I said "yes" to me and divulged in too many pleasantries... It was nice to finally reach my pot of gold this Sunday. 

I ran myself into the ground, again this week, busy busy with lots of commitments after work. When the weekend arrived I didnt have much to give, but I did and I'm glad about it. I visited my Chas for her small group and we played scrapbooking... I may or may not have had candy corn in copious amounts...and here we are at 11:00 pm drained from teaching all week:


Finally Saturday night Cody and I went on a date-- it's been too long that we tried something new. We went to the Woodlands Waterway and enjoyed PF Chang's. It. Was. Phenomenal! 



We relaxed outside with plum wine, shared 2 egg rolls for an appetizer, and dined on Mongolian Beef and steamed rice....I'm still drooling over it! It was my first experience with PFC's, not Cody's... And I'm looking forward to a return visit! 

Today after mass and a nap, I went to Old Navy. My good friend Kelly and my mom BOTH adhered to the BDAY list and got me Old Navy gift cards! HOLLA!! Let me tell you, it was SO nice sashaying through the store (I rarely have time to shop anymore) and choosing items, trying them on- and having to put things back because they all fit and they all look adorable! I'm proud of how easily I can change my body when I invest the time to cook clean foods and stick with my macros all week. This is the end of week 4 for me. By this time I wanted to reach a 10 pound goal, but the reality is I didn't do everything 100% so I'm not too let down! I have lost a toal of 6.5 lbs in 4 weeks and that's a start. I'm ready to lose 3.5 more lbs to reach my 10 lb mini goal! 

I have to stop cheating on the weekends and only cheat once a week, or it seems I spend Monday- Wednesday working off Saturday and Sunday! Eh, it happens! 

I felt really good today. My body isn't perfect but I'm finding that I accept and love it more when I reach small goals (for ex: losing something each week) I may have only lost 1 lb this past week, but it will add up! I can see where I want to be better with my diet and exercise but I also allow myself error and deliciousness! 

Today was a rainbow day because I not only chose some really cute things with my Old Navy money, it all fit...well! I even got a pair of jeans in a size 12 to zip! That's a great accomplishment for me! It means I'm making progress... The KEY is not stopping! For some reason I always give in about this time but this time ....so I am trying to keep my eye on the prize! 

The 12s fit but they were snug. So instead of buying 14s I'm going to prove it to myself and lose more weight/inches! Hopefully in another 5 lbs lost and I will walk out of old navy with my 12s in a few weeks!

Check out what I got: 

A super soft baby pink light sweater 
An awesome orange and black 3/4 flannel

Light grey stone washed skinny jeans (super comfy) and thought my they would be cute with my purple shirts on Friday 

Another regular pair of skinnys for school

Here's what I left behind:

A navy shirt dress (getting it in 5 more lbs lost) it was a little snug in the chest 

This grey heavy sweater dress (for winter with tights, boots, and a long sleeve shirt underneath) just didn't want to spend an extra 30.00



Some things that I ate this week were:

Dinner:


Lunch:


And because most days I ate the same exact things, I stayed on track for the most part ...EEeek!


My new grocery store healthy sweet treat... I rewarded myself with 1 each night and YES it tastes like chocolate mint ice cream!

Meal prep helped me and Cody stay the course too! Just a few hrs last Sunday and voila 

I got a few sweat sessions in and have to devote more time to that this week- which means learning to say no. Is that hard for you too? It seems I'm a yes gal. Which means saying no to myself! I need to change that for sure. It was great doing cardio and sweating it out in the steam room though the few times I did!



And last but not least, this week's funny is brought to you by the citizens of Dayton Tx: 

Here's to another week! I'm setting a golden goal of getting out of the darn 180s!

No comments:

Post a Comment