Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

3.12.2012

Thank God for Husbands

Whine Whine Whine. I was doing a lot of that last week. (It would have helped if I was doing more wine, wine, wine, but I was too lazy to buy a bottle). When I came home Friday, I asked Cody late that night if he had read my blog. He didn't say much. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate my writing, he was just thinking of what exactly to say to me. When I woke up on Saturday to feed our dogs who demand to eat at 6:00 am- No. MATTER. WHAT. I crawled back into bed to some scholarly words of wisdom from my husband. He said. Babe, I know you feel "stuck" sometimes, but think of our situation this way: God thinks you and I are so special, he is giving US time to be where we NEED to be to be good parents. He thinks so much of us and loves us for our devotion to him, that he has given us a grace that most couples would love to have. He said that God is giving us time to get healthy, and financially sound--- get our "act together" before he gives us more to handle and the ball is in our court. He is trusting us to get it together! He is giving us time to get our marriage back on the same page. That is all he had to say. It was like someone waved a magic wand over me and I "got it." It all made sense. I am so thankful that he waited to say the right thing. I am so happy that he told me that. Because even though I had already thought of that in my head, it just made more sense coming from him. So, after that conversation and some much needed time for myself this weekend, I am feeling ON TOP OF THE WORLD! Happy Monday y'all.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that Cody is so wise, and I'm glad that you two are on the same page. Waiting is one of the hardest things to do because it doesn't feel productive. Yet waiting is often what God uses to make us MOST productive and prepared to be productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found myself thinking this way lately. It really does put things in perspective and make me appreciate that I am lucky. I hear people all the time say how crazy their lives are with kids and what a financial strain it has been for them. I feel we are so much better off now than we were 5 years ago and that will be great for our family once we do have kids. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have thought this about us too. Once we got our house and I got healthy everything fell into place and here came baby Mason :) I often have thought to say this but didn't know how without being trite. It's easy to comment on people's lives when you aren't living what they do. Cody put it beautifully! Bravo :)

    ReplyDelete